Pages

About us

WELCOME TO CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK OUT THE RULES TAB AT THE TOP TO ENSURE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE (IF CHOSEN) AND FOR COMMENTS FROM OUR DESIGN TEAM.

Followers

Sunday 21 August 2016

Challenge #126 - Show us your Dies and Punches

So many beautiful and cute Things with Wings.  I hope they don't fly away before they reach the recipients of these wonderful projects.  As usual the Winner and Top 3 will be announced next week.

We have some fabulous new members on our DT and I hope you'll hop over to their blogs and give them a warm welcome.



Amy at AO Creations

For challenge 126 we have the fabulous Nikki from


BIO

I am the proud Mommy to 3 beautiful girls, wife to Mike, and the Mimi (Grandma) to one awesome little boy and sweet little baby girl.

My story is a bit long, but I hope it will inspire others to search out their dream and not give up.

My family, like millions of others struggled financially. My husband owns his own business, and I worked the grave yard shift in a home for mentally and physically disabled people. There were times when we had to choose between food and gas to get to work, or pay bills. We even went 6 months during the summer with the gas turned off to our home. We would boil the water on the stove for baths, and to make it worse, we only had 2 working burners on that stove.
Within the space of just over two years, we lost Mike's mother, both of my parents were diagnosed and passed away from cancer. Our oldest daughter left our home to live elsewhere, we lost our truck and home, and had to declare bankruptcy. It was the lowest point in my life.
This is where Heavenly Father stepped in and took over. 
I was so blessed to find a man in my neighborhood that was a graphic designer. He took me under his wing after seeing something that I had drawn, and would process my scribbles and turn them into clip art. It was amazing!!!!! He helped me set up a shop to sell it. He will always be one of my heroes. Thank you James.
One month when we just couldn't stretch our finances any further, we met with the Bishop in our church to ask for help. We hated to do it, but had no other choice. While we were there, we asked him to pray with us, so that we could find a way to be self sufficient. Not to be rich. Not to get "free" money or win the lottery. We wanted to be able to work and support our needs.
The next day I got the idea to start a blog, and I'm not gonna lie.... I thought it was really stupid. I didn't know how to make a blog. I didn't really even know what one was. That thought nagged me for DAYS!!!! I finally sat down and figured it out.... Then the miracles really began.
Within a few days of posting my first free graphics, I got picked up by a site that posts links to free graphics every day. I had over 2,000 views, and thought there was some kind of error. I posted as often as I could. I found lots of friends, and am glad to say, I still have many of them :) 
I found another neighbor who was able to help me get the software I needed to be able to create professional grade graphics at a huge discount. It was still a stretch to buy it, but we did it. More blessings.
I was then urged by a friend to start some shops on websites like Etsy, and Teachers Pay Teachers by my friends Rachelle  and Patty,
and my world changed. More blessings. 
We could buy toilet paper, and non essential stuff that we couldn't afford before.... like... oh... chocolate milk! and pens! And band aids!!!!! And just breathe. 5 minutes without worry.
I know God has a plan for me, and has given me the opportunity to do what I love to do. He has sent people into my life to show me my path, and guide me to where I needed to be. I have been given the opportunity to serve others, and will be forever grateful for each one.
God has blessed me. He knows my heart. He loves me. 
And, he has sent me you.
Thank YOU, for your support, comments (both good and critical),
and friendship. You have helped to change our lives! I can only hope that I can give you something back. I hope my scribbles make you smile, and warm your heart.
xox

Nikki and family

Prize: A bundle of choice from the store

Theme: Dies and Punches

We were generously able to choice a bundle of images to use for our DT projects and I think you'll agree that the DT has come up with some wonderful inspiration for you to peruse.

Sandra using Owls line art

Gina using Melonheadz Freebie image

Patti using Owls line art

Poppet using 5 Swinging Monkeys


I hope you enjoyed looking at our project and have gleaned some inspiration for your works of art using dies and punches.  As usual to hop over to the DT member's blog to leave them some love click on their name.  To go to the Melonheadz store click on the title. To be in with a chance of winning the fabulous prize or Top 3 just follow the simple rules and link your creations below.  We accept any projects as long as they follow the rules.

RULES

*FOLLOW THE THEME OF THE CHALLENGE
*REMEMBER MAXIMUM COMBINATION OF 5 CHALLENGES (INCLUDING THIS ONE). 
*MUST BE A NEW POST, NO BACK LINKING. 
*MAXIMUM OF 2 ENTRIES PER PERSON. 
*PLEASE LINK TO YOUR POST NOT YOUR BLOG. 
*PLEASE LINK TO CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES IN YOUR POST
*CLAIM PRIZE NO LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS AFTER WINNER ANNOUNCED
PLEASE LINK UP YOUR CREATION BELOW IF YOU ARE ABIDING BY THESE RULES.

THANK YOU AND ENJOY CREATING! x


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Nikki's story! Wonderful inspiration!!
    Awesome projects from the DT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki-Thank you for sharing the nitty gritty and not so pretty part of your life. God does have a plan for each of us, although along the way it may seem really hard! Praying that you continue to grow and thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes from the design team, thanks for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete